Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Field of Grace



When the stormy winds blow from the Father, the first place they blow us is into His Field of Grace. He is our Great Shepherd as described by David in the 23rd Psalm. This chapter is given from the sheep's point of view in praise of his tender, loving Shepherd, and the care that He gives.

The Shepherd takes care of ALL of the needs of the flock as a whole, but provides individual care for each sheep as well. Usually after a storm or trial, we are in need of quiet healing and help from the shepherd. Verse one says, "I shall not want." While in His field, or pasture of grace, He withholds no good thing from us as his precious sheep. Isaiah 57:15 says, "I dwell....with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to REVIVE THE SPIRIT of the humble, and to REVIVE THE HEART of the contrite ones."

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters." vs 2. Isaiah 40:11 "He shall feed his flock like a Shepherd; he shall gather the lambs in his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." In the Middle East, a shepherd will lead his sheep to pastures that will provide sufficient food to keep the sheep fed. He separates them by themselves, allows them to eat the grass on all sides around them, then taps them on the head with his staff WHILE CALLING THEM BY NAME to signal his authority and let them know they have eaten enough.Then he leads them to cool waters to wash the cud down and allow them time to rest and digest the food.  The Lord calls us by name, speaks to us to comfort and confirm His spiritual feeding to help our souls ,without giving too much at one time. "My sheep know my voice, and I KNOW THEM, and they follow me." John 10:27. He puts us in His field by the still waters to allow us to be strengthened by His Word and be refreshed in our weary souls."Be STILL, and know that I am God.." Psalm 46:10a.The last half of Isaiah's verse that says He gently leads those with young is a blessing to me. It signifies His special care of the female sheep, being the ones bearing the young, and His affectionate compassion on them in a special way!

He restores our souls in the field of grace. Isaiah 57:18 "I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and RESTORE COMFORTS unto him..". After trials or problems, we feel depleted and empty. He will fill us again!"Restore unto me the joy of they salvation." This doesn't mean we lost our salvation, but sometimes we lose that happiness in our soul from weariness. Physical exertion and sickness can cause this as well, and Jesus knows this. He said that He remembers our frame is dust (Ps.103:14). Psalm 28:9 says He will"feed them also, and lift them up forever." "I will RESTORE health unto thee, and I will heal thee of they wounds, saith the Lord..." Jeremiah 30:17.He leads us in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. "For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace;"Ish.55:12a."When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, THEN THOU KNEWEST MY PATH!" Psalm 142:3. He will lead us in the way when we can't see where to go, and protect us from further harm until we are healed. 

In His Field of Grace, He feeds, leads, and restores. Thank God for His loving care for us His sheep today. (This chapter will be concluded tomorrow.)








































No comments:

Post a Comment