Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pain, Pain Go Away!



(Repost to help those I know going through a hard time right now_) The rain we are getting here in Sumter is definitely an essential blessing that we need from the Lord. But for those of us that suffer from chronic pain, we know all too often that it ushers in more than just the showers we need: then comes PAIN. Often before the weather front reaches us, the pain does. How many times have I realized that I was complaining, to honestly stop short of saying things that I knew I SHOULDN'T say, because I was hurting sooo bad! I have rheumatoid arthritis, was cleared of the possiblity of cancer last year(Amen!)from biopsies, and a whole other slue of health problems that I'm not gonna bore you with! :) But, in the midst of all of the problems, especially last year, the Lord showed me something. I was sitting at my kitchen table last year after major surgery at MUSC in Charleston, and I was hurting REALLY BAD. I have a large picture window in front of my table, so I was looking out of it and praying, saying  Lord, please help me. I am hurting so bad. I don't know if I can take it anymore! Then the Lord directed my eyes to something on the other side of the road. My neighbor has a lighted cross that he has left up all year long since last Christmas. I saw it and the Lord said. I know exactly how pain feels, even more so,  and I know how you feel right now! THANK GOD that we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities..Hebrews 4:15a. The Lord quickly reminded me that He has felt every pain and emotion while being here on Earth that we go through EVERYDAY! But what's most important is that He suffered the worst pain imaginable. It's true that there is ALWAYS someone who has had it worse than we have! But the good news is that He has provided a way for us to make it through this pain. The first way is to be saved through His blood. In it lies the power to save, forgive and cleanse.As His child, we have access to His help and throne room. Second of all, is through HIS grace. II Corithinians  12:9 says"...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness, Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my inifirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." If we want power over our pain, the answer is His Grace. Now, that doesn't mean the pain is going to leave as some would say, name it and claim it, but if we ask for His grace, He will help us bear it. Sometimes the mental strain it places on you can be as bad as the pain itself. This is definitely where the Lord has to help! "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee... " Isaiah 26:3a. If we keep an attitude of prayer and ask for His help, He has promised to help, and we know that God cannot break His promises. One other thing that I have learned is that I do have the power in one regard: to either LET this pain make me BITTER, or choose to let it make me BETTER! When it is viewed to help make me closer to the Lord, and rely on Him for His help and power, it is muuuuuch more bearable. I want Christ's power to rest upon me, and if this is the only way that the Lord can keep my stubborn attention, so be it! I don't say this like I am super-spiritual, but I know my tendencies as you know yours. We all struggle with different things, and the Lord knows where we all need help. So, as we pull through another day of hurting and tiredness, may we purpose in our hearts to keep the Lord's grace before us to help us bear our burdens and follow Him. May this burden He has allowed us to carry keep us BETTER able to serve Him and be sensitive to the needs of others, and not BITTER that leads to being put on the shelf! A spoonful of sugar (God's grace) does help the medicine go down!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're hurting today. I know what you face. I'm so glad that you are sharing your gift with others with this ministering tool! I love you!

    ReplyDelete