Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Scarlet Thread Poem

The Scarlet Thread
Living in Jericho each day was a dread,

My life bound in sin,

Inside I felt dead.


Then I heard of THE GOD that set His people free,

Bringing them safely through the Red Sea.

Inside my heart melted from this decree,

Kings were also removed,

What would happen to me?


Then one night two men appeared at my door,

These two were different than all those before.

They told of God’s promise to take Jericho,

I knew right then I’d be first to go!

I told them I’d heard what THE LORD had done,

And I truly believed HE is the only HOLY ONE!

Safe they would be if they spared me,

Saving my life and my whole family.


A promise was made, a true token I was given,

A scarlet thread-

I knew my sin had been forgiven!


Just as I was spared, so long ago,

You can be too, from your Jericho!

There is a Saviour whose Blood He has shed,

Died on a cross, and rose from the dead!

He’ll save you too, just like He has said,

Remove your sin, shame, and dread,

With HIS SCARLET THREAD!

Section of the Wall at Jericho that archaeologists found STILL STANDING! Even though your world is literally "falling down" around you, you CAN STAND AND have a FIRM FOUNDATION ON THE SOLID ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment