Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Simplest Love Story



This post is not deep in the least. Just a simple thought that the Lord blessed me with while listening to the late Dr. Harold Sightler preach on Valentine's Day. What we consider to be a simple "child's"song contains the GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD. "Jesus Loves Me" is listed below, written by Anna Warner and William Bradbury in 1862. Let the words speak to your heart as it did as a child. The love of God is still just as simple, just as plain now, as it was then.
 Verse 1_
"Jesus LOVES ME, this I KNOW,
For the BIBLE tells me so,
Little ones to HIM belong, 
They are weak, BUT HE IS STRONG!!
Verse 2_
Jesus loves me, HE Who died,
Heaven's gates to open wide; HE WILL WASH AWAY MY SIN,
LET HIS LITTLE CHILD COME IN.
Verse 3_
Jesus loves me! He WILL STAY, CLOSE BESIDE ME ALL THE WAY!; THOU hast bled and died for me, I will henceforth LIVE FOR THEE!
Chorus_
 YES, JESUS LOVES ME, YES JESUS LOVES ME, YES JESUS LOVES ME, THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO!!!!"
I John 4:9&10 "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN  SON  into the world, that we might LIVE THROUGH HIM. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that HE LOVED US, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for OUR sins." 

No comments:

Post a Comment