Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

He Knows My Name Part 2




2. He calls us by NAME for Fellowship and help:  The Lord calls us personally AFTER salvation, and STILL knows us by name after getting saved, because we are now HIS CHILD! A parent can't forget a child's name!! He knows who we are and what are needs are. "..before they call, I WILL ANSWER; AND WHILE THEY ARE YET SPEAKING, I WILL HEAR." Ish. 65:24 He knows that we need to communicate with Him daily! We need to talk to our Heavenly Father and CALL UPON HIS NAME!! Moses found himself in this area of need. In Exodus 33:12-19 tells the account of the Lord giving direction to Moses on how to the lead the children of Israel and where. Moses KNEW he could NOT do this on his own! He called upon the NAME OF THE LORD for help! Moses called out to God, claiming the PROMISE He had made him, and that God KNEW HIM PERSONALLY. ".. Yet thou hast said, I KNOW THEE BY NAME, and thou hast also found grace in my sight." Ex. 33:12c. Moses remembered the promise God had given him when He called him the first time to lead Israel out of Egypt. When we have a need, we need to REMEMBER THE PROMISES GOD has given to us! He will ALWAYS give us a promise before He gives a job to do for HIM! Since we He knows us as His child, we need to come to Him with EVERY trouble, trial, and need! Moses needed strength and reminding from the Lord that he could do the task at hand. "..shew me now THY WAY, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy  sight: and consider that this nation is thy people." Ex. 33:13. The Lord answered him .."My presence SHALL GO with thee, and I WILL GIVE THEE REST." He gave Moses the reminder and the BLESSED ASSURANCE that HE would give Moses rest from this burden he was carrying. " ..for thou has found grace in my sight, and I KNOW THEE BY NAME." Moses also asked to see the glory of the Lord. (vs 18-23) His prayer was answered. The Lord told Moses, " THERE IS A PLACE BY ME, and thou shalt stand upon a rock. And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by." (vs 21&22). Notice the Lord said THERE IS A PLACE BY ME. THIS IS WHERE HE WANTS US TO STAY-in the safety and shadow of Him! The Lord will ALWAYS hear the cries of fellowship and help from His children, because we ARE HIS. We have a new name now-HIS!!  He has promised to NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US!! Heb. 13:5 Thank God that HE KNOWS US BY NAME & that we KNOW HIM BY HIS! It is HIS WILL for us to get to know HIM closer by fellowship in calling HIS NAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment