Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Few Good Men

The Bible says in Proverbs 3:27 "Withold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it." I want to give "honor" to "a few good men" I know this Father's Day week.

The first one is my father-in-law, that is in Heaven with the Lord. He has been gone for 7 years now, but we think of him daily. He was a preacher of the Gospel and loved the Lord. He raised my husband to know the Lord, and to trust in Him, and stay true to His Word. The Lord used him even on his last trip out from his home two weeks before he passed away to win his cousin to the Lord! So glad that I can be called one of his "youngins"!

The next one is my Granddaddy. He has always witnessed for the Lord. He drove a gas truck for the same company for over 40 years, and from the time he was saved, gave out tracts to the people on his route. He is the one that taught me the importance of handing out tracts to people, because this is what the Lord used to speak to him for salvation. There is no telling how many people have been witnessed to over those years and read those tracts! I remember him giving me boxes of tracts we would have to fold, and I would always want to help. He gave me a lot of them, and I remember taking them to school in the fourth grade and handing them out to my class. Boy, have things changed in schools since then! To this day, the importance of leaving tracts everywhere I go, is still with me. So thankful that I have learned to "speak" for the Lord even when it is the written Word that someone reads!

The last person is my Daddy. He has ALWAYS loved all five of his children, and made SURE we were in church. Not just taking us to church, but teaching us at home about Jesus. He has always told us "It's ALL about Him (Jesus)", and that it's all about having faith. Not faith in a collective term, but a real trust in the Lord and His Word.  We were taught to always trust in the Lord, His Word, and to pray and seek His face for guidance. Anyone that knows my Daddy knows that he has always BOLDLY stood for the Lord, and didn't really care if you liked it or not! Not out of pride, but what the Bible calls holy boldness! He has always witnessed for the Lord and kept it before those that were lost, including his own family-out of love and concern for them. Many times through the years, I have had different people tell me "you don't know how lucky you are to have the parents that you do and for how you were raised." Not sure why they think we have all took it for granted, but I KNOW what a blessing they are from the Lord and it's not "luck". It is God's grace and blessing to have been placed in the family I have been in. No family is perfect, that's for sure, mine included, but any family that puts the Lord in the center of their home will have His blessings, grace, and guidance. My Daddy has always said that the Lord could have given us (his kids) to anyone, but he thanked the Lord for giving us to him. Well, I thank you Daddy for loving us, praying for us, and for always telling us the truth. Thank you for all of the road trips we would take, going from church meeting to meeting, and giving me the chance to soak in all of the messages I heard. A price can't be put on that, and I will always remember it. Every time I read this verse, I think it describes you as well-Acts 11:24" For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith; and much people was added unto the Lord."
I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment