Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Help Is On The Way






No one is ever happy all the time, despite what their smile says. We all know how we feel on the inside, but better yet, the Lord knows it just as well. He even knows why we feel that way, even if we don't understand why. When we have troubles, sadness, or burdens, whether or not we admit it, WE NEED HELP.

Even though the saying "God helps those whom help themselves" is true, it IS NOT IN THE BIBLE. When it comes to matters of the heart, HE is the ONLY one who CAN help. It matters not how spiritual a person may seem, we are all human and have not "arrived." We NEVER stop growing or needing the Lord's help while here on this earth. When troubles come,it is very easy to get down and saddened, or even depressed. Psalms 42:6a says, " O my God, my soul is cast down within me...".The great King of Israel David, whom God said was a man after his own heart, even said, "My God, my God, why art thou so far from helping me, and the words of my roaring?" Psalm 22:1. Sometimes it seems as if God is far away from us and is not listening or helping. Our prayers may seem to go no higher than our ceiling. But, God NEVER LEAVES US, nor FORSAKES US! (Heb. 13:5). He has promised to ALWAYS be there for us and He cannot go back on HIS PROMISES. Sometimes it may be because of sin in our lives, either known to us or we may not even realize it. If it is something we know we need to get right, let us confess our sin, and be restored into fellowship of the Lord. I John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." If we don't know if we have done something wrong or if it is something the Lord is trying to show us, we need to pray and ask the Lord to reveal it to us. He will gladly do so to help us. Psalm 139:23&24 says, "Search me O God, and know my heart:try me, and know my thoughts:And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." He will not punish us for doing so(James1:6), but will help us as a loving Father because we are his child.

Sometimes we haven't done anything wrong and troubles or sadness are piled upon us. Doubt may be accompanied with this sadness as well.An example from the Bible of this is when John the Baptist had been thrown into prison for preaching the Gospel. He had done nothing wrong. Jesus' own testimony of John was "..there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist..." Luke 7:28a. This trial had put doubt in John as to whether or not Jesus was the Messiah, when he had proclaimed Him as the Lamb of God! Jesus sent word to him by his disciples that he indeed was the Messiah with just the right words we needed to encourage his heart. God will do the same for us. One of my favorite verses to read when I am down is Psalm42:5 "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? HOPE THOU IN GOD: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance" When we look upon His face, or countenance, He will help us through the Holy Spirit, (Psalm 27:8). "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord" Psalm 31:24."Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to HELP in time of need." Heb. 4:16.

Are you weary, are you heavy hearted,
Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus,
Are you grieving over joys departed,
Tell it to Jesus alone.
 "I had FAINTED, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.Wait on the Lord:be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:wait, I say on the Lord." Psalm 27 13 & 14. Help IS on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment