Welcome!

Welcome to Fresh Manna! My prayer is that this devotional post is a blessing to you in your walk with the Lord! My email is stndn4jesuschrist@gmail.com if you wish to contact me! May the Lord bless you for taking the time to read it!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Comfort Food!!





After my last post, New Year's Weight Loss Resolution,the Lord gave me the idea of Comfort Food! This is mainly what diets keep you away from right? Well, our Spiritual diet for the New Year  should be full of Comfort food!  I don't mean macaroni or fried chicken, even though we preacher's wives tend to have our share of it :). I'm talking about finding true Comfort and spiritual food from THE COMFORTER in  God's Word!
Most people crave comfort food. As God's children, we should crave or desire His Word. I Peter 2:2&3 says, "As newborn babes, Desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." Just like a baby wants his milk (his comfort food from Mom), so should we crave our spiritual food from our Heavenly Father! It is essential to our spiritual growth. Just as milk strengthens a newborn, the Word strengthens our soul and spirit to grow stronger for Him. After spending time in God's Word and getting strength, He will eventually give us some meat as well! (Hebrews 5:14.)
Once you have comfort food, you want a lot of it! "A little dab will do ya" doesn't work here! Half a plate please! :) Psalms 23:5 says "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup RUNNETH OVER!" We can drink from the saucer because the Lord promises to fill our cup to over-flowing! We don't have to leave the Lord's banquet table  hungry because He is our portion (Lam.3:24)! We know there is no end to Him! We can eat until our heart's content!
Savoring goes along with this food. We love the great taste and sweetness to it, but Psalms 119:103 says "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" His Word should be so good to us that we shouldn't ever want it taken away (Psalm119:43)!
Lastly, most of the time comfort food is sought is in sadness or distress. Let us run to the banquet house of God's manna to lift our spirits! Psalm 119:28 "My soul melteth for heaviness:strengthen me according unto thy word," & Psalm 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."
So, as we start our day with the physical comfort of hot java, may we also include our spiritual cup as well!
Psalm 34:8 " O taste and see that the Lord is good!" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment